1. Who can become a YBP Member?
2. I am not yet in the pharmaceutical industry but am interested in breaking into pharma and want to learn more. Can I still join YBP as an official member?
3. Do I need to be of a certain age to join Young Black Pharma? Is there an age limit to join?
4. Is Young Black Pharma only for pharmacists?
5. Why should I become an official member of Young Black Pharma? What is the YBP Membership Advantage?
6. What does it mean to be a Member vs a Non-Member?
7. What is the cost for YBP Annual Membership?
8. How can I register for annual membership to become an official YBP Member?
9. How long is my annual membership good for?
10. How do I renew my annual membership?
11. How do I reset my username and password?
12. How do I receive my invoice for YBP Annual Membership?
1. Q: Who can become a YBP Member?
A: YBP Membership eligibility includes Black professionals at every level in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry across all therapeutic and functional areas. Eligibility includes the aforementioned criteria including those from all educational and training backgrounds. Official YBP members must also share the same passion with the YBP co-founders which is to advance the Black community in pharma and improve the inclusion of Black professionals seated at the table throughout industry. Official YBP Members must currently be employed full-time or currently completing a post-doctoral fellowship at a pharmaceutical or biotech company ( A pharmaceutical and/or biotech company is defined as a commercial business licensed to research, develop, market and/or distribute drugs, most commonly in the context of healthcare.)
2. Q: I am not yet in the pharmaceutical industry but am interested in breaking into pharma and want to learn more. Can I still join YBP as an official member?
A: YBP Annual Membership is only available for those currently in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry. Please stay connected with us as we have several invaluable resources and developmental programming which are open to all audiences, including Non-Members.
3. Q: Do I need to be of a certain age to join Young Black Pharma? Is there an age limit to join?
A: Young Black Pharma has no age limit. “Young” in Young Black Pharma references “Young in Spirit” and speaks to the energetic passion we approach our lives and careers with. The movement that YBP has cultivated is young in nature however the need and desire for an organization like YBP has been longstanding.
4. Q: Is Young Black Pharma only for pharmacists?
A: YBP is proud to be serving Black professionals from entry level to executives. We are proud of the diverse network we have built – one that includes Black professionals across a wide range of ages and with various functional area backgrounds ranging from entry level post-doctoral fellows to executive leaders. YBP is designed to be the go-to organization for Black professionals in the pharmaceutical industry, irrespective of educational background, functional area, or years of experience.
5. Q: Why should I become an official member of Young Black Pharma? What is the YBP Membership Advantage?
6. Q: What does it mean to be a Member vs a Non-Member?
A: A Member is an industry professional who has signed up and purchased YBP Annual Membership for the current year. A Non-Member is anyone who has not purchased annual membership and/or who is not eligible for official membership.
7. Q: What is the cost for YBP Annual Membership?
- Full-time/Contractor Pharmaceutical Industry Professionals - $199
- Post-graduate Training Program (e.g. PharmD Fellow, MD, PhD, MBA training programs) - $89
- Partner Pharmaceutical Industry Company Professionals (e.g. CRO, Med Comm Agency, Consulting Firm) - $349
8. Q: How can I register for annual membership to become an official YBP Member?
9. Q: How long is my annual membership good for?
A: YBP Annual Membership is good through December 31st of each year and must be renewed annually to receive the YBP Membership Advantage.
10. Q: How do I renew my annual membership?
11. Q: How do I reset my username and password?
12. Q: How do I receive my invoice for YBP Annual Membership?